Hello Everyone and welcome back to my blog!
Please visit our Facebook group to see at all the amazing inspiration from my fellow Design Team members.
In the mean time please enjoy the tutorial 🙂
I used Microsoft Word to print the images on mixed media card stock. I wanted both the image alone and the one with the city line so I could fussy cut the batcats and adhere them on top. After they were printed I drew the moon in the background and starting doing some watercoloring of the sky, city line and the moon. I used Distress inks in seedless preserve and a blue watercolor pan from the Prima Marketing Confections. For the moon I used Distress ink in scattered straw.
For the city line I used the Distress ink seedless preserve and the Distress oxide in black soot, for the stars I used Distress ink in mustard seed. When the background was dry I used the Mister from Ranger to create some droplets of water and create this cool effect.
I added stars in the sky with a white gel pen and I continued by coloring both the images of the batcats with Derwent Inktense pencils and a waterbrush. I also used Polychromos pencils to add an extra texture on the batcats.
After I finished with the coloring of the images I fussy cut them, I find this process to be very relaxing…
I set the images aside and started working on the brick wall that I wanted to create for the front panel of the card.
My card base measures 11,5cm x 15,5cm and the frame for the brick wall measures 10,5cm x 15cm. The inside window of the frame measures 7,5cm x 11,5cm.
To create the brick wall I used a stencil from The Crafters Workshop and Texture paste by Ranger.
To color it and create the feel of an old brick wall I used Distress inks in fired brick and rusty hinge, Lyra aquabrushes and the Mister from Ranger.
Using white Gesso by Finnabair I brushed the bricks to bring them forward again and with Distress oxide in black soot I sponged all around the outer frame and inside the frame.
I then adhere the image behind the brick wall frame and used foam tape on the back and then adhered it on the black card base.
I then used the Zig 2 way glue to adhere the fussy cut image of the mama batcat, then with I adhered the other two images with foam tape.
To finish off the card I used Nuvo Drops on the stars and the windows of the city line, and adhered two spiders on the brick wall and two bats in the sky.
I had so much fun coloring the images and creating the card and I hope you like it.
You might want to pin the pictures on your board for later reference and inspiration.
Thank you for visiting me today,
I am so happy that my card was noticed by
The Snarky Stampers challenge
I would like to enter my card to the following challenges:
Sisterhood of the Snarky Stampers
Crafting with Dragonflies
Classic DT challenge
World wide open DT challenge
The Crafty Addicts
The Corrosive Challenge
Hiding in my Craftroom